CLICK ON THE ABOVE PICTURE TO GO TO MY ETSY SHOP!

CLICK ON THE ABOVE PICTURE TO GO TO MY ETSY SHOP!
Click on the above picture to link to my Etsy Shop!

Monday 7 March 2016

7th March 2016! And Andy Skinner's competition x

Well hello!
Over a year has passed since my last confession blog and I must apologize! My health has been troubling but one thing that has seen me through is ART!
My reason for starting again is the one and only Andy Skinner!
On Andy's Blog he has a new competition with a fabulous prize,and as I am attending my very first workshop with him in April in Coventry,with the Ministry of Mixology I would very much like to win a selection of the materials,paints and stamps to use on my weekend away!
As stated here on Andy's blog the theme for this challenge is Bold and Bright,using some of Andy's decoarts products.
I have some of the wonderful Americana satin acrylic paints,lamp black,lipstick and turquoise.
So I created a background with the turquoise,and using a die cut leftover as a mask,painted the lamp black through it,using varying pressure to create a textured image rather than solid.
I then decoupaged a butterfly over the angel to give a feeling of movement in the wings,and another butterfly lower down. I used both the lipstick colour and black to spatter around the focal points. A sentiment was stamped on to the the turquoise paint and torn out,and glued to the surface.
The vibrant lipstick colour makes such a bright statement that I couldn't resist painting it onto some card and using it as a mount to echo the splatters!
I love working with these paints,the quality is excellent,and they have an opaqueness that is brilliant,with a subtle sheen in the satin versions. I can't wait for my workshop!
Here are some pictures of the works in progress and the finished piece.
Thank you for reading and best wishes to you
xxx





2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea - the butterfly over the angel - it's so unique and gives your butterfly such a fabulous flare. This is a beautiful project Alex. Yes - the red is perfect for the bold and bright theme. What an amazing opportunity to attend Andy's workshop. YEAH!!! So glad you entered his challenge and thankful you are feeling better so you can share your lovely artwork again. j.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joi,thank you so much for your lovely comments! I am so excited for the workshop! I will definitely put a blog post of the weekend with pictures. Have you been to one? You have inspired me to make more art,thank you! X

      Delete